Sunday, February 18, 2018

Desensitizing Us to the Term - Trans


I'm certainly no expert when it comes to all the new sexual or gender identity terminology.  I'm not even sure whether to use sex or gender, in the labeling.  And here, I thought I was "so grown up" giggling about the facts of life as we young adolescents did our best to keep each other informed of everything overheard about procreation, from their older siblings . . .  I assure you, the information we exchanged in our whispered discussions at the lockers was nothing compared to what is being discussed now, openly through every media venue known, as well as classrooms and libraries.

I smile to myself as I remember how our male fifth grade teacher "excused" the boys as he informed the girls there would be a "special movie" shown in the music room, later in the week.  I believe that announcement, in itself,  is almost blog worthy; considering how our society has changed.  Yet I digress . . . Back to the subject at hand.

When I found out about the facts of life, there were only two sexes and the word, gender, was a synonym for the word, sex.  I'm so thankful, when I learned about it, it wasn't so complicated as it is now.  I don't think I'll ever learn all the terminology. but the one word that continues to come to the forefront is the term: TRANS.  As I matured in my sexual awareness, I learned of the term, transvestite . . . Forty years ago, it was synonymous with the slang term "cross dresser."  Now, in this new millennium, a quick search for transvestite very quickly produced "not to be confused with transgender or transsexual."

Three terms of sexual description all using the prefix "trans."  The term trans is described:
 a prefix occurring in loanwords from Latin ( transcend; transfix); on this model, used with the meanings “across,” “beyond,” “through,” “changing thoroughly,” “transverse,” in combination with elements of any origin . . .  

The term "trans" is not inclusive, only to sexual identities and that's the point of what I believe is the desensitization process.  The prefix "trans" is also in the word, transgression, which means:  The act of transgressing; the violation of a law or a duty or moral principle.

trans* – adj. : An umbrella term covering a range of identities that transgress socially defined gender norms.  Trans with an asterisk is often used in written forms (not spoken) to indicate that you are referring to the larger group nature of the term, and specifically including non-binary identities . . .



Since transgression of moral principle has been embraced in our society, I believe there are plans in which "non-binary" identities will include "trans-humans."  I was hoping the link in the previous sentence is faux news, but even in the case of faux news, sadly; someone has thought of it.    Hoping to find it to be false, I entered a Google search.  I could not believe the articles when I entered "humans and robots reproduce."  Of course, since the term "transphobic" already exists, the pressure for politically correctness will prohibit most people from even asking, much less speaking out against this concept.  Altered DNA and trans-human beings are no longer exclusive to the pages of Sci-Fi.   

Scripture tells us the end of days will be "as in the days of Noah."  Genesis 6 tells of hybridized humans called Nephilim.  Will the modern Nephilim be beings of altered DNA and robotic trans-humans?   

No comments:

Post a Comment